Saturday, February 16, 2008

Lochness Monster/Bigfoot

I am a total dork. It is Saturday and instead of doing something exciting, I am watching a show on the discovery channel about the Lochness Monster. And I'm pretty sure that I was watching one last weekend on Bigfoot. I don't know if either of them exist, but I sure have seen a lot of shows and read quite a few things on each, growing up. I know that some if not all of you have seen the 80's flick "Harry and the Hendersons." If you haven't, go rent it, it is a great/funny flick.

I thought it would be fun to ask the select few who read my blog to chime in and give me their opinion. Does Nessie or Bigfoot exist? If they do, what sort of impact do you think it would have on society/science/faith? So, I will give my opinion and then would love to hear from all of my friends. I am not interested in discussing aliens, however. I will leave that for another blog post. Maybe for next week! (Yes, I know that the picture is a fake!)



I think that Nessie could definitely exist in Loch Ness today, although I do have several questions. Why have there never been any reports of Nessie attacking humans? I mean, if I were a swimming dinosaur of that size, I would love a nice big juicy American tourist as an afternoon snack. Also, why have there never been any remains of Nessie and her kind found? I think there would be no effect on society at large. Big discovery for science and would raise questions about the world, but I think that Nessie has no impact on the fact that Jesus died on the Cross. I would even like to think that if Jesus had come to Scotland, He would have given Nessie a pat on the head and fed it a fish.



As far as Bigfoot, I don't think that it exists. I think that Bigfoot is an elaborate hoax on the part of numerous people over the years. But you can decide for yourself. God Bless!

3 comments:

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

Ok, I'll bite. A giant monster in a lake is totally scary. If you were swimming around with your friends you wouldn't be looking around underneath you (I guess unless you were in that lake ;-)I think the things that you can't see are much more scary than the things you can see. So then: Loch Ness Monster = very scary
Bigfoot running at you = kinda funny

The answer to your question would be that I don't really think either exist but if I were going to be extremely cautious about something I didn't even believe in, I'd walk around in Bigfoot's territory, way before I'd swim in Nessie's.

I don't know, maybe that is saying something...

The Sinks said...

Ok, after much much contemplation, I think I'd have to agree with Laurie's statement that I'd go traipsing through Bigfoot's abode before treading water in Nessie's. Not that I'm a faster runner than I am swimmer, but for some reason knowing what is underneath my feet at least seems a little more secure than not knowing in the water...

lisa said...

i don't think its lame to watch shows about this sort of thing on saturdays. i do, however, think it is a little goofy to write a blog post about it! but, i won't complain. its better than no blog post at all. :)

i do remember "harry and the hendersons." awesome movie. i should rent it and make jt watch it. he'd think its dumb probably, but hey, its part of my childhood, so he should love it!

thanks for the post. i don't think either exist. but who knows....