About 3 weeks ago I went on a blind date. I took the girl out for a sushi lunch. All I am gonna say is that I enjoyed the sushi. So today I was talking with some people that I work with, whom I hadn't seen in a while, and they asked me about the blind date. While I was telling them this, one of the doctors that I work for told me to stay away from tuna because of the mercury levels. He said that mercury is a neurotoxin!
When I got home I decided to read up on the issue, because I love sushi. Granted these articles are from 2 weeks ago, I think they hold merit. The FDA is thinking of taking certain types of tuna entirely off the market. Here are the links for them:
http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/tuna.asp
http://consumerist.com/348217/high-levels-of-mercury-found-in-sushi-tuna
http://www.yourlawyer.com/articles/read/13746
In reading these articles many of my close friends came to mind. Any of you mother's that are breast feeding, and you preggos, any of you that eat canned tuna after working out (Johnny), any of you that eat canned tuna on a regular basis, and any of you that love to eat sushi... AVOID TUNA.
I know I don't blog as much as I should, but I thought this was a worthy cause! Love you all!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really dislike tuna. I am glad there are healthy reasons to dislike it. Makes me feel like I am not as crazy as I have been feeling lately.
Post a Comment